Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ragweed or what?

So I really love fall and everything about it...the fairs, halloween, the weather, hay rides, etc. But there's one thing I don't like about fall...ragweed or whatever is making our allergies act up. Last Thursday Caden woke up with a 101 degree fever. I was sure he had a sinus infection. But to my surprise the doctor said he had an upper respiratory virus. The only thing I could do was to treat the symptoms. I didn't want to send him the school friday with the massive green snot, so he stayed home with me. I thought he was getting better....well Sat. he woke up with this horrible barking cough and snot everywhere. Off to the pharmacy I went to get him some cough syrup. Everytime I thought he was getting better he started with the snot again. So last night I had enough, and not to mention I was coming down with some kind of sinus junk myself. I decided I was going to call the doctor as soon as they opened. Poor Caden had to miss school again today:( Anyways I called and talked to one of the nurses and she told me she would talk to his doctor and call me back. She did call me back, but didn't tell me anything I wanted to hear. She proceeded to tell me that "he just had a nasty virus, and the only thing we could do was to treat the symptoms and let it run its course"! Ok so that really doesn't help me any. I think he has a sinus infection and I'm usually right. So do I call back and demand antibiotics or just sit and watch Caden blow enormous amounts of snot out his nose and cough up a storm? And to top off the day, I went to the dr. and I do have a sinus infection! But I requested a shot in my butt and I'm actually feeling much better. When your a mom, you don't have time to be sick. But for now, I'm blaming us being sick on the ragweed regardless if thats why we are sick or not! Why can't we just have fall without the allergy causing stuff?!

No comments: