Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My big boy.

I still can't believe my baby is 5!!  He had his 5 year check-up the other day, so I took advantage and planned a day for just the two of us!  My friend watched Bennett and Caden thought it was so fun to have me all alone for a couple of hours!  My little man weighs 44lbs and is 45 inches tall!  He got to tinkle in a cup, that is so cool for a 5 year old!  He also had his blood pressure checked and his vision checked!  He lucked out and didn't have to get any shots this year!  After his doctors appointment, we grabbed some chick-fil-a and then went to the mall and got a cookie!  He specifically requested we do all those things!  I sure do enjoy hanging out with him. He can always put a smile on my face. 

Some things I want to remember about him:
*He's into superheros!  Currently loves green lantern, thor, spiderman, batman.
*Starts kindergarten next month
*Can ride his bike without the training wheels, just learned that the other day!
*Loves to help me cook and bake
*Loves playing his DS
*favorite cartoon at the moment....scooby doo and phineas and ferb
*Loves to go fishing with his daddy
*Asks about a million questions a day...very curious to how things are made, work, etc.
*Can read some words...can recognize letters and then will sound them out.  I bought him his first easy book to read and he actually did great reading it the first time!
*favorite food of choice is currently honey nut cheerios and lunchables! haha...this changes weekly
*He will still come sneak in our room at night and sleep with us(I secretly love this) if he's had a bad dream or just needs some extra TLC

No comments: