Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pray for Bennett

Bennett was born with a hydrocele (fluid in his testicle).  His pediatrician wasn't worried about it because they are fairly common in little boys.  At his 2 week check-up, he told me some things to watch out for which could be complications of the hydrocele.  One being a testicular tortion, this would require emergency surgery or two, a hernia, which would also require surgery(not emergent).  A couple of fridays ago, everytime I changed his diaper I noticed his testicle kept changing in size and had a bluish color to it.  I waited until Brandon got home from work to make sure he saw what I saw before I called his pediatrician.  I called that afternoon and they had us go to the ER immediately.  After an ultrasound, the physician determined he had a hernia.  We were referred to the pediatric surgeon.  We had our first appointment yesterday and found out surgery was needed to repair the hernia.  His surgery will be Friday, July 15th.

I'm pretty upset but I realize he needs this to further prevent any other complications!  His surgeon is the best and they have a great pediatric team that will be with him!  I was told he wouldn't even feel the IV being put in, they will sedate him before it.  Its supposed to be a quick 30 minute surgery and they said at the most we wouldn't see him for about an hour. I think i'm most anxious about him being under general anethesia at only 7 weeks old:(  Please pray for steady hands of the surgeon and for a quick and painless recovery for my sweet baby!!  Also, please pray that the night before the surgery we all get some rest!  He can't eat after midnight....that should be fun with a 7 week old!  We will be getting very creative that night to try to distract  and comfort him!  And lastly, pray for me!  Pray for peace!  Thanks in advance for your prayers!

1 comment:

The Adams Family said...

Lot's of prayers for sweet baby Bennett and you and Brandon as well! XOXO