Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just when I thought my life couldn't get any crazier....

Last night about 1 a.m. Brandon wakes me up telling me a bug has crawled into his ear. Since I was still half asleep I didn't really understand what was going on....all i knew is that he kept saying there's a bug in my ear!! After seeing him really in pain and kinda starting to go in panic mode, I realized there was a problem. We got on the internet to see what you could do for a bug in your ear. It said to put baby oil, which I didn't have, or mineral oil in the ear. I started digging through my tanning oil's and sure enough one of them had mineral oil in it. I poured it in his ear and nothing happened. He said the pain just kept getting worse and it was like the bug was digging. Then we tried hydrogen perioxide, which made the pain worsen. At this point I kinda start freaking out, they haven't taught me anything about bugs in the ears in nursing classes yet!! I even went outside in the freezing cold rain and picked a blade of grass, keep in mind its like 1:30 in the morning. We stuck the grass in his ear hoping the bug would come crawling out...still nothing happened! Brandon finally decided to go to the hospital b/c the pain was so bad. He wouldn't let me call anyone to come stay with Caden, so he drove himself to the ER.

I'm at home worried to death....a million things are racing through my mind. About an hour after he left, he called me and said "you're not gonna believe what happened". He told me that they took him straight back, I think they thought he was on drugs b/c he told the receptionist there was a bug in his ear. I mean who goes to the ER at 2 a.m. telling ppl a bug's in their ear! Anyways, the dr. put some numbing medicine in his ear and a huge CRICKET jumped out of his ear!!! I couldn't believe that a cricket had crawled in his ear. The dr. said the cricket had made a meal of his inner ear and it looked pretty nasty! He sent him home with percocets and antibiotic ear medicine! He's doing much better today, still in some pain! We just still can't believe that happened. It's funny now, but it sure wasn't funny at the time. All day it felt like a crazy dream waking up in the middle of the night to B screaming that a bug was in his ear! So now he's gonna wear ear plugs to bed!

2 comments:

LeS said...

OMG girl, that is crazy! I have never heard of that really happening before! Crazy!!! glad to hear he is okay!

The Adams Family said...

Oh my gosh you hear about those things but never really know anyone that it happens to. Glad to hear he is better :)