Friday, September 17, 2010

The rest of our vacation

I decided not to post about every single day of our vacation! It was getting to time consuming, and my blogging time is very limited these days! Day 4, thursday, the 4 of us got up and headed to the beach! We played and played in the sand. Caden was so much happier with his daddy there to bury him and build sandcastles with him! My grandparents were joining us today so we had to head back to the house to make sure they got there safely. Pop is 86 and Nonny is 84! I was shocked when they told us they wanted to come for a couple of days! They finally made it there around 5ish...we were all getting worried they were lost somewhere in FL! We ordered pizza for dinner and oh how I had missed some hungry howie's pizza! Brandon and I went bowfishing later that night. I had a blast. This was something he had been wanting to do for a while. He ended up shooting a 100# stingray! We didn't get home until 4 am! I guess you can do that on vacation :)

Day 5: We had beach time, pool time, and I cooked fajitas for dinner!! I really enjoyed not going out for dinner...that meant I didn't have to shower and get ready! And we stayed out @ the beach alot longer!

Day 6: My dad, brother, and his friend joined us the wee hours of the morning. I think everyone was exhausted. I know I took a long nap on the beach....it was fabulous! My dads birthday was the 3rd, so we grilled out chicken for dinner and celebrated his birthday. We took my brother and his friend to pier park so they could go to Ron Jon's. I had so much fun shopping around. Caden is at a fun age and every hat he saw he would model it for us!

Day 7: Was spent at the beach again. The weather the whole trip was wonderful, ocean was perfect and calm today. I was beginning to get used to the lazy beach life and was starting to dread having to go home! There's just something so calm and tranquilizing about being at the beach. No worries and no schedule:) We decided to eat at capt. andersons! We only had to wait about 10 min....I was so surprised with it being labor day weekend! Of course, we all ate way to much. Caden liked seeing all the boats at the marina! Afterwards, we played putt-putt and let Caden ride go-karts.

Day 8: last day:( We got up pretty early and headed out to the beach for one last swim and play in the sand. I was really sad our vacation was ending. We will def. be coming back again! After packing up the cars, we ate a quick bite of lunch and headed back home around noon. Traffic was horrible. The 5 1/2 hour trip took 7 1/2 hrs...Caden was perfect though. He entertained himself and would make the 18-wheelers honk at us! We had a fabulous trip...it was awesome getting to spend time with family, especially my grandparents who we don't see often! Stay tuned for more pics!

No comments: