Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our newest addition!!

We got a new baby...a puppy that is!! He is a 12 week old Weimaraner! Brandon got him Sunday and we named him Riley. He had his first puppy check-up yesterday and he weighed in at a whopping 33 lbs! He's been a good dog so far...he hasn't gone potty in the house yet! He follows me around everywhere, its so cute! He adores Caden and gets so hyper around him. We're trying to break him of jumping...he's scratched Caden's face up! I know he'll be great company for us. We did have an incident today.....I left him outside while I went to bible study b/c I didn't want him in the house alone and we hadn't put his crate together yet, well when I got home, the back door was scratched up pretty bad, the weather stripping ruined and the door frame down the bare wood. We eventually want him to be outside alot, but don't want him to keep messing up our doors! Does anyone have any advice? He'll be big soon and I hate to keep him crated up while we're gone...I think he'd be happier outside where he can run and play. Should I put him on a lead so he can't reach the door? This is our first doggy so please leave me some advice! Other than that, he's great! He's actually cuddling with me as I type this:)

2 comments:

Stacy said...

This is what kind of dog my husband has ALWAYS wanted. He is sooo cute Ashley! That is a good idea I guess to give him a long lead but not long enough to reach the door. Other than that I can't help b/c the dog I have only weighs 4 pounds (she is 6 years old) and she would have to scratch for years to do that much damage!:) Good luck though.

The Gower Family said...

He is cute! I would put him in the crate until he gets a little older and not in the pupply stage anymore or he will kill your pretty house (trust me)! I don't think there is anything wrong with a crate. But we don't like leads for our dogs. (thats just us though) Hope you can figure something out! Good luck.